Our Values and Principles
- Empowerment.We empower people to speak in their own voice and take action.
- Collaboration. We aim to help build a society that embraces new tools and processes for sharing and cooperation.
- Empathy. We celebrate and engage with diversity, uncover others’ needs, and find common ground and shared wins.
- Participation. We believe decision-making should be open, transparent, collaborative, and focused on those who will be most impacted in their daily lives.
- Sustainability. We help create more sustainable, vibrant, and resilient communities.
- Fairness.We work towards a fairer economy and society.
We won't work with regressive forces. New/Mode subscribers are not permitted to:
- Promote or undertake any illegal activity.
- Promote the limitation of civil, democratic or minority rights.
- Promote non-renewable resource extraction.
- Promote low wages, precarious work or the undermining of worker rights.
- Promote homophobic, transphobic, racist, sexist, classist or otherwise hateful speech.
- Promote regressive taxation or the undue privatization of services.
- Promote violence, warfare, or colonization.
- Promote policies that have been demonstrated to significantly reduce public health.