Subsidized Platform Access
The New/Mode Accessibility Fund
This round of funding has been closed. Click here for a list of the amazing campaigns/organizations who have begun making progressive change, supported by the Accessibility Fund.
Support for organizations shaping critical decisions toward a Just Recovery from COVID-19
Government decisions made in the coming months are life and death for many people. These decisions will shape our society for years, if not decades, to come.
Multi-channel engagement tactics have become essential for modern campaigners working to make change. Yet many of the communities disportionately impacted by COVID-19 lack the resources to access these tactics.
To meet this moment, New/Mode is collaborating with Luminate to launch an Accessibility Fund. Those with financial barriers can apply to the fund to receive subsidized access to our platform.
Government officials must make decisions with the common good and with those most vulnerable in mind. We hope the New/Mode Accessibility Fund will make a meaningful contribution to this end.
Sign up for updates on the Accessibility Fund:
We thank our partners for helping us make the New/Mode Accessibility Fund possible.
Accessibility Fund FAQ
New/Mode is collaborating with Luminate to subsidize access to our platform for those facing financial barriers in their work supporting communities disproportionately impacted by COVID and the associated economic downturn.
On a sliding scale, the fund will cover up to 75% of the cost of a regular New/Mode monthly subscription for one year.
Who and what is eligible for the New/Mode Accessibility Fund?
Organizations selected should meet all of the criteria below:
- Have committed to adhering to New/Mode’s values with your use of our platform
- Have not yet developed significant multi-channel advocacy programs
- Have a basic plan to reach a community of supporters, via a mailing list or another reachable audience, and to activate those supporters using the New/Mode platform
- Have committed to covering at least 25% (USD$87) of the cost of a regular New/Mode monthly subscription for one year.
- Have demonstrated financial need
Projects selected will meet one or more of the following:
- Use New/Mode to empower individuals in North America, especially those disproportionately impacted by COVID-19, to advocate for policy change or government action regarding COVID-19
- Create ongoing civic engagement, ideally from vulnerable communities disproportionately impacted by the pandemic
- Why New/Mode? Why multi-channel engagement?
- New/Mode is the #1 choice for campaigns and organizations of all sizes.
Here are just a few reasons why our subscribers love us:
- We’re the only platform that has a full suite of multi-channel engagement tools, which means you can use New/Mode for low-barrier acquisition (i.e., emails and tweets), all the way through to deepening engagement with your community and high-value asks (i.e., calls, letters to editors, etc.).
- We’re very responsive to the market and subscribers’ needs. Our roadmap is shaped by our community, which means if we don’t offer the feature you need today, we can plan for it soon.
- Our Letters to the Editor tool is 🔥– no one else is offering this.
- Because we’re campaigners ourselves, we focus on the little (but very important) things, like optimizing our forms and action pages for amazing conversion rates, highly customizable content and targeting options, built-in social sharing, and more.
- The platform works out-of-the-box with tech and tools you already have. No dev or IT support required.
- We offer pricing options that fit budgets of all sizes, with the flexibility to make changes, add-on and grow your engagement program over time.
- Why is targeted multi-channel engagement so effective? Because it’s how modern campaigns stand out: with your supporters’ voices in the channels decision-makers pay attention to. Learn more about how targeted engagement works.
Government decisions made in the coming weeks and months are literally life and death for many people and will shape our society for years, if not decades, to come.
In this challenging context, more underfunded groups have been reaching out to New/Mode to ensure they have a role in shaping these historic government decisions.
We’ve received inquiries to support the most vulnerable in society who are disproportionately impacted by policies regarding access to healthcare, economic stimulus, workplace protection, voter rights protections, renter protections, and general support for at-risk populations such as undocumented immigrants and those in prison.
At New/Mode, we want to do our part to meet this moment by ensuring officials make decisions for the common good and with those most vulnerable in mind. We want to support communities in need whilst ensuring we maintain our high-quality service for the critical work of those organizers who can afford our typical platform costs.